PARMESAN ZUCCHINI FRIES
Fries of zucchini coated in Japanese panko bread crumbs and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese before being fried in the oven.
Serve these nutritious and low-calorie zucchini French fries with ranch dressing.
I have a lot of zucchini recipes to share with you because zucchini is in season right now. Zucchini fries, which require no deep-frying and are incredibly crispy and flavorful, are the topic of today’s recipe. This Parmesan baked zucchini fries recipe will have you hooked the moment you try it!
This recipe for easy zucchini fries is one of my favorites because it only calls for a few common ingredients. As they are cooked in the oven, there is no need for deep-frying. Plus, it is therefore low in calories, low in fat, and paleo.
The key element in this dish is parmesan cheese. Because zucchini has a mild flavor, cheese amplifies it. To make the panko coating even crispier and crunchier, a little Parmesan cheese is added.
While the Parmesan-panko combination does take some time to coat the zucchini sticks, it is far easier than deep-frying them. Ranch dressing is a perfect complement to the salty, crispy fries, and is one of my favorite ways to serve them.
Fries can be cooked using an air fryer instead of baking in the oven. It’s a nutritious, home-cooked dish.
Each serving of this recipe contains only 248 calories.
- 340 g of small zucchinis
- 2 cups of breadcrumbs or Japanese panko
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch of salt
- Ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Take a 3-inch-long zucchini and slice it in half.
- Pour the eggs, salt, and pepper to taste in a mixing bowl.
- Set aside a baking pan with parchment paper on it.
- Toss the panko crumbs and Parmesan cheese together in a large dish or container.
- The zucchini strips should be dipped one by one into the beaten eggs as you work in batches. Before rolling each zucchini strip in panko, shake off any leftover egg and press lightly to coat thoroughly.
- On a baking sheet, spread the zucchini out in a single layer.
- Cook the zucchini fries for 20 to 25 minutes, switching the baking trays and flipping them midway through the cooking time. Continue in this manner until the task is completed.
- Garnish with Ranch dressing and serve right away.