PARMESAN ROASTED TOMATOES
Roasted tomatoes stuffed with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil. It’s very simple to make, and the results are stunning!
I just returned from a wonderful trip to central Vietnam. I can’t wait to tell you about the rest of my trip, but one of the things we truly appreciated was the food served at our hotel.
Throughout our stay, we were served a delicious buffet breakfast each morning, which included a variety of options. The Parmesan roasted tomatoes were one of my favorites.
Roasted tomatoes that are juicy, luscious, and full of Parmesan cheese. Because they were so excellent, I had to recreate them when I got home.
Just 2 ingredients, tomatoes and Parmesan cheese, are all that are needed to produce these delicious roasted tomatoes. Most of the rest of the products are common pantry staples (olive oil, salt, and black pepper).
This is the time of year to recreate this dish because of the abundance of beautiful tomatoes available at the market or farmers market. Slice the tomatoes in half, drizzle them with olive oil, then sprinkle them with salt and pepper to taste. Roast them in the oven with Parmesan cheese on top, then serve them up. The umami qualities of fresh tomatoes are amplified by the addition of Parmesan cheese. The bottoms of the tomatoes, with their slightly burnt and browned skins, are my favorite part.
Tomatoes go well with a variety of summer fare. You can’t go wrong with the addition of these ingredients to any meal. Enjoy the juicy richness of the Parmesan roasted tomato with a hefty mouthful. They’re delicious to the extreme!
Each serving of this recipe contains only 79 calories.
- 6 small tomatoes sliced in halves
- ½ cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- Ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice the tomatoes in half after rinsing them well.
- Toss the olive oil in with the salad. Salt and pepper your food to taste.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the tomatoes in a baking dish.
- The tomatoes should be roasted for about 15-20 minutes, or until the Parmesan cheese is melted and the top turns brown.
- Serve soon after removing from the oven.
It is possible to use Mozzarella cheese as a cheese garnish.