Chicken Lo Mein is one of the most popular takeout dishes in the United States. If you want a nice lo mein these days, though, it’s becoming more difficult than ever. Because of this, this recipe was created.
Noodles that are best for Lo Mein.
It is possible to use either uncooked lo mein noodles or cooked lo mein noodles in the preparation of lo mein. Considering that both include egg, you might expect them to be yellow in hue. Cooked noodles can be added directly to the wok. However, uncooked noodles need to be pre-boiled before being stir-fried.
For uncooked lo mein noodles, follow the package directions. Once they’re al dente, give them a short rinse in warm water and then let them drain completely.
Lo mein noodles, which are easily accessible nowadays from Chinese supermarkets if you’re lucky, are a great addition to any meal. To break up the block of noodles, simply rinse them in hot water for a few seconds.
- 450g of fresh lo mein egg noodles
- 225g of boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into thin strips
- 2 julienned medium carrots
- 4 cups of shredded cabbage
- 2 cups of mung bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon of shaoxing wine
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons of dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons of water
- 2 teaspoons of oil
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 scallions, julienned
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- Mix the chicken, cornstarch, water, and oil in a medium-sized bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of oil to a wok over high heat and cook the chicken for a few minutes until it’s browned. Take out of the wok and set aside for a moment.
- Add the garlic to the wok along with a few more teaspoons of oil. Add the cabbage and carrots after a further ten seconds in the pan. A ring-shaped addition of wine follows a minute of high heat stir-frying.
- Reintroduce the chicken and noodles to the wok and stir well for about 30 seconds, working your way up from the bottom. To loosen up the noodles, add about 1/4 cup of water to the pot if they aren’t breaking apart.
- Allow for a full minute of cooking time before removing the lid. Using a slotted spoon, stir in the light and dark soy sauces along with the sesame oil, sugar, salt, and salt. Toss the scallions and bean sprouts into the pan and cook for 30 seconds. Finally, cook for a further minute before serving.