Chicken Lo Mein: This simple recipe has the flavorful Lo Mein sauce that coats the chicken and noodles. It’s far superior to the Chinese takeout you’re used to.
What is Chinese Chicken Lo Mein?
Noodle meal Lo Mein, famous in Hong Kong, is made by boiling and draining noodles before adding a flavorful sauce.
To make Chicken Lo Mein, simply add some chicken. The cooking time for this dish is simply about 20 minutes. Making this homemade version of Lo Mein beats ordering Chinese takeout every day.
Chicken Lo Mein Sauce
Seasonings including soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, and sesame oil are used to make Lo Mein sauce.
Cook the sauce first, then go to the next step. Adding Lo Mein noodles at this point completes the dish. That’s why “stirred noodles” is a common nickname for Lo Mein
Difference between Lo Mein and Chow Mein?
Stir-frying isn’t necessary to make Chicken Lo Mein. To make this dish, just combine the noodles and sauce. This will give Lo Mein a more “saucy” and “wet” flavor. Meanwhile, Chow Mein is a dry dish of stir-fried noodles without a sauce.
How to cook this recipe?
For pre-al dente results, cook the ramen according to package directions before they’re fully cooked. It’s best to let the water drain out. In the next step, you begin by preparing the sauce by sautéing the garlic with some oil and adding in the chicken and other ingredients such as Napa cabbage, mushrooms, and carrots.
Serve immediately after mixing the noodles well with Lo Mein sauce.
Take note! There are just 302 calories in each serving of this meal.
- 226 g of fresh, Chinese egg noodles (regular or thin)
- Water to boil the noodles
- 226 g of sliced boneless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon of corn starch
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 1 cup of sliced Napa cabbage
- 2 sliced Shiitake mushroom
- ½ cup of chicken broth
- 1/3 cup of peeled and small cuts of carrots
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of oyster sauce
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of sesame oil
- 3 dashes of white pepper
HOW TO COOK CHICKEN LO MEIN
- 1. Begin boiling water and gently loosen the new noodles before putting them in a saucepan to cook. As you will be finishing the noodles in a pan, cook the noodles as per the instructions or till they’re pre-al dente. Cornstarch can be used to marinate the chicken before cooking. Set away for a later time.
- 2. Drain the noodles when they are cooked. Add the Sauce elements to a small bowl and mix well. To ensure a smooth mixture, give everything a good stir and set aside for later.
- 3. Prepare the Marinade components in a container. Put the chicken drumsticks, coat them evenly, and refrigerate overnight.
- 4. Start by heating 2 tablespoon of oil in a wok on high heat. Toss the garlic in the hot oil and cook for a few seconds to release its flavor before adding the remaining ingredients: the chicken, Napa cabbage, mushrooms, and carrots.
- 5. Finish your meal by boiling the chicken broth until it’s slightly reduced. Switch off the stove and incorporate the noodles, mix thoroughly, and serve right away.