Chicken Marsala. Savory and accessible to cook Italian chicken recipe with juicy chicken, mushrooms, and a creamy marsala sauce. This is a great dish best served with rice or pasta, and it’s authentic!
What is Chinese Marsala and its recipe?
A quick and easy Italian chicken dish, Chicken Marsala can be made in a matter of minutes at the comfort of your home. Make your marsala sauce and serve this dish with rice or pasta for a rich and creamy meal.
The marsala sauce is quite simple to make. Simmering the marsala wine, chicken broth, and heavy cream in a saucepan until it reaches a creamy consistency is all that is required of you. Toss in some pan-fried chicken, some sautéed mushrooms, and voila!
How to cook Chicken Marsala?
To begin, cover the chicken thighs with butter and olive oil and cook them in a skillet until golden brown on both sides. Afterward, remove and set away from the chicken thighs from the skillet.
For the Marsala sauce, sauté the garlic and mushrooms in the same pan with just a little melted butter until they’re soft. Cook until the food is aromatic for maybe a minute or two.
Then, put the marsala wine and the heavy cream and chicken broth into the skillet. Make your seasonings with salt. Stir the mixture to a simmer over medium heat while stirring occasionally.
Return the chicken thighs to the skillet and cook for another 10 minutes while occasionally stirring until the sauce has thickened. To ensure that the chicken is moist and tasty, pour the sauce over it.
Serve immediately, garnished with chopped parsley, on a white plate or bowl.
Some useful tips!
Follow this tips in making the greatest possible chicken marsala:
- To achieve the perfect golden brown chicken thighs, use butter and olive oil to fry them on a pan using a medium-high heat.
- After pan-frying, use the same skillet to cook the Marsala sauce, which will add a lot of tasty flavors.
- Use a stronger marsala wine for more powerful flavors in this quick and easy homemade chicken marsala. In my opinion, dry marsala wine is preferable to the sweet one.
Planning to have an Italian weeknight dinner? Rice, pasta, or steamed veggies work nicely with this dish, too! It also matches perfectly with green salads, mashed potatoes, and other carbs. But with this recipe alone, you can get 509 calories pers serving.
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 cloves of sliced garlic
- 15 oz. of boneless and skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- ¾ cup of marsala wine
- 8 oz. of sliced cremini mushrooms
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- ¾ cup of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
HOW TO COOK CHICKEN MARSALA
- 1. The flour, salt, and pepper should be added to a small bowl and mixed thoroughly before using. Apply the flour mixture to the chicken thighs in an equal layer.
- 2. Add one tablespoon each of butter and olive oil to a pan on medium-high heat. For a golden-brown finish, pan-fry the chicken thighs for 5 minutes on each side. Set them on a plate and set it aside.
- 3. Sauté the mushrooms and garlic in the same pan with the remaining butter until they appear brown.
- 4. To keep things going, keep adding the Marsala wine, the chicken broth, and the heavy cream. Add salt, depending on your preference. For about 5-8 minutes, simmer the sauce on medium-low heat.
- 5. Keep simmering for 10 minutes until the sauce thickens, and the chicken thighs are cooked through. To keep the chicken moist and tasty, pour the sauce over it.
- 6. Remove the dish from the oven and top with fresh parsley before serving.