Immerse yourself in this effortless 15-minute thai-inspired coconut curry noodle delight, if you, like me, hold a keen fascination for noodle soup in its varying avatars. I’ve shared an extensive repertoire of recipes in the past, from the traditional Lanzhou Beef Noodle Soup to the Noodle Soup with Pork and Pickled Greens. Yet, this unique dish brings a vibrant twist, incorporating distinct Thai influences like red curry paste and coconut milk. So, what makes this noodle soup stand out? Let’s delve in!
Simplicity is its strongest suit. It only requires about 15 minutes of your time, making it a great choice for a quick yet tasty meal.
Speedy as its creation might be, the soup boasts a layered, multifaceted palate. The creaminess of the coconut milk, the fiery hint of the curry paste, the sharp zest of lime, and the distinctive note of the fish sauce all come together harmoniously.
This dish is a single-pot wonder. Unlike many noodle soups that require a separate pot to boil the noodles, in this recipe, they’re added directly to the soup, saving you time and dishwashing effort.
It delivers restaurant-grade flavors. I’d happily pay good money for such a delicacy if served in a restaurant, and I suspect you’d do the same after trying it at home.
Convinced? Let’s get to the specifics of the 15-Minute Thai-Inspired Coconut Curry Noodle Delight recipe.
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons of Thai red curry paste
- 8 oz. of boneless chicken breast or thighs (225g, thinly sliced)
- 4 cups of chicken broth (950 ml)
- 1 cup of water (235 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 2/3 cup of coconut milk (160 ml)
- 6 oz. of dried rice vermicelli noodles (170g)
- Garnish: lime wedges, sliced red onion, red chilis, cilantro, scallions
- Heat a large pot on medium and add oil, minced garlic, grated ginger, and Thai red curry paste. Let it sizzle for about 5 minutes until the mixture starts releasing its aroma. Introduce the chicken slices and cook until they turn white.
- Next, pour in the chicken broth, water, fish sauce, and coconut milk. Bring the liquid to a boil. Take a moment to taste the broth and tweak the seasoning as needed. If it tastes too salty, you can add some water. When you’re satisfied with the taste, pour the hot soup over the vermicelli noodles in your bowls, garnish, add a splash of lime juice, and serve. Your noodles should be ready to eat in just a few minutes.
- (Alternatively, you can cook the noodles directly in the boiling broth and then distribute them among the serving bowls).
Adapt the Thai-Inspired Coconut Curry Noodle Delight to match your dietary needs. Substitute the chicken broth for vegetable broth, replace the chicken with tofu or a mix of vegetables for a vegan version, and replace fish sauce with soy sauce or a vegan alternative. You can also boost the nutritional value by adding more vegetables like bell peppers or baby corn. And if you’re on a gluten-free diet, simply opt for gluten-free noodles.
The key to a satisfying soup lies in achieving the right balance of flavors. In this recipe, the sweet coconut milk mellows the heat from the curry, while the lime juice adds a refreshing note that cuts through the richness. For those who love an extra kick, consider adding more curry paste or a touch of fresh chili. Enjoy the versatility of this recipe and the convenience of its preparation!