Better than Red Lobster’s giant coconut shrimp recipe for the best and crispiest coconut shrimp. This quick and inexpensive meal just takes 20 minutes to prepare.
One of my all-time favorite appetizers is coconut shrimp. Crispy breadcrumb-coated fried shrimp with sweet coconut flakes and a sauce are crowd-pleasers.
Deep-frying is superior to baking when it comes to shrimp. There are just 408 calories in a serving of this Cioppino recipe.
COCONUT SHRIMP RECIPE
You’ll discover how to prepare these crispy shrimps using hidden ingredients and suggestions in this simple coconut shrimp recipe.
Homemade is far superior to chain eateries like Red Lobster and Outback, not to mention less expensive.
TIPS FROM THE COOK
- To get the most satisfactory results, use very large shrimp or tiger prawns.
- Wrap the shrimp with beaten eggs, sweet coconut flakes, and panko breadcrumbs for added crispiness. Re-apply a second layer of paint.
- Make the beaten eggs sweeter before adding them to the shrimp mixture so that each bite is brimming with sweet and juicy tastes.
“Please tell me that the coconut shrimp can be served with any sauce,” you must say.
There is a dipping sauce, of course. As a dipping sauce, I prefer hot Tartar Sauce. I included the recipe in this post. Lucky you!
Only 391 calories are in each serving.
- 200 g of peeled and deveined tiger prawn or jumbo shrimp
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- ½ cup of sweetened and desiccated coconut flakes
SPICY TARTAR SAUCE FOR DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1 squirt of lemon juice
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- ½ tablespoon of finely chopped celery
- ½ tablespoon of finely minced onion
- ½ tablespoon of chili sauce
- Ensure that the deep fryer is at 350F
- In a small bowl, combine the panko crumbs and coconut flakes. Set aside for now. To make the Spicy Tartar Sauce, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Make sure everything is thoroughly combined by giving it a good stir. Set aside for a later time.
- Shrimps should be dipped in an egg mixture, then rolled in panko and coconut flakes soon after being dipped. Get rid of the extra. Re-dip the shrimp in the egg mixture for a second coating and immediately roll them in the panko mixture. Make sure the panko and coconut flakes are evenly distributed over the shrimp. Shrimps should be placed on a parchment-lined plate. To cook the remaining shrimp, follow the same procedure.
- Gently place each shrimp in the hot oil. Deep-fried till golden brown on both sides. Use a sieve to remove the shrimp, and then put them on a platter that has been lined with paper towels. Serve the Spicy Tartar Sauce right away.