Calamari and mozzarella skewers are a healthy and delightful take on the classic Caprese salad.
Caprese skewers are the most delicate salad you’ve ever had on a stick! They’re the ideal appetizer for any gathering, and they’re also quite portable.
If every salad were as delectable as these Caprese salad sticks, everyone would eat salad daily!
Caprese salads are traditionally made with sweet, luscious cherry and grape tomatoes, tiny mozzarella balls, and fresh Italian basil leaves.
Then sprinkle extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the top and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
To summarize, the dish is really simple and requires no cooking. These sticks are prepared in less than ten minutes!
Caprese skewers require the following simple ingredients:
- Tomatoes cherry
- Tomatoes grapefruit
- Miniature mozzarella balls, approximately the size of a cherry
- Basil leaves, fresh from Italy
- Olive oil extra virgin
- vinegar balsamic
- Seasonings (salt and freshly ground black pepper).
Called Insalata Caprese in Italian, the salad’s name translates as Capri salad, which originated on the island.
This meal has the colors of the Italian flag: green, white, and red, much like Pizza Margherita.
You may grill the skewers if desired. Season the skewers with salt and pepper after brushing with olive oil.
Cook for 30 seconds, then flip and grill on the other side until slightly seared. After examining, drizzle the balsamic vinegar.
This recipe has a low-calorie count of 76 calories per serving. Serve this dish alongside a protein or a main course.
- a dozen cherry tomatoes
- 12 balls of fresh mozzarella, 1/3 oz. cherry size (BelGioioso All-Natural Cheese Fresh Mozzarella Ciliegine)
- 12 big leaves of fresh basil
- a dozen grape tomatoes
- extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground pepper for dripping
- Place 1 cherry tomato, 2 mozzarella balls, 2 basil leaves, and 1 grape tomato on a wooden or bamboo skewer or toothpick. Rep to create the remainder of the skewers.
- Arrange the skewers on a dish and sprinkle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar in that order. Season the dish (a pinch of salt and pepper) to taste and serve. Cover and chill the skewers for up to 2 hours; serve cold or room temperature.