Homemade banana bread is moist and delicious with a cream cheese cheesecake filling. This recipe for Cheesecake Banana Bread is decadently rich and delectable. So delicious!
I consider Banana Bread as one of my favorite breakfasts, afternoon tea, or late-night snack dishes. It’s so delicious with a cup of tea or coffee that I could always have a slice or two.
What could be better than plain banana bread? Banana Cheesecake Bread. Yes, envision an additional layer of creamy cheesecake sandwiched between fragrant, moist, and sweet banana bread. This is the recipe for the holy grail of banana bread!
This recipe for Cheesecake Banana Bread is from Delish. It is moist, banana-packed, and a lovely swirl of cream cheese “cheesecake” layer within each piece of banana bread is irresistible. It’s delectable!
To make the cheesecake or cream cheese layer, combine the following ingredients in a Cream Cheese Filling:
- Cream cheese
To create the swirl, layer the banana bread batter as follows:
The first layer is made of banana bread batter.
The second layer is filled with cream cheese.
Third layer: Banana Bread Batter leftover
That’s all there is to it. This recipe is straightforward and suitable for new bakers. Consider making it and allowing the delectable scent of this Cheesecake Banana Bread to permeate the kitchen. Have fun baking! This recipe has a low-calorie count of 479 calories per serving.
BATTERED BANANA BREAD
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter, plus more butter to grease the loaf pan (1 stick or 4 oz. butter)
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour, plus more flour for dusting the loaf pan
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sodium chloride
- 3/4 cup sucrose
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 ripe (480 g) bananas
- 2 big eggs + 1 large egg yolk
FILLING WITH CREAM CHEESE
- 4 oz (115 g) softened cream cheese
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven (I suggest up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 176 degrees Celsius), grease, and flour a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan. Mash the bananas using a masher. Place aside.
- Whisk the cup of flour, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing basin.
- Use a separate large mixing bowl, whisk the following ingredients together: 3/4 cup sugar, melted butter, buttermilk, vanilla essence, 1 egg, and 1 egg yolk until smooth. By pouring the wet ingredients over the dry components and swirling until blended, blend the wet and dry ingredients, then fold in the mashed bananas.
- Preparation of the Cream Cheese Filling: Combine the remaining 1 egg, cream cheese, 2 tablespoons flour, and 2 tablespoons sugar (put this in a small bowl).
- Half of the batter is transferred to the loaf pan. Dollop the Cream Cheese Filling on top and smooth out with a spatula to create a uniform layer. Add the remaining batter on top.
- 6. Bake for 1 hour, or until deeply brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow at least ten minutes for cooling before slicing and serving.