Get ready to make the most famous Chinese stir-fried chicken and broccoli with a brown sauce. Learn how to make it yourself from scratch.
I am starting with a dish that is always a hit in our house, chicken and broccoli. Lucky you because I’m going to share my favorite Chinese dish with you.
Chicken and broccoli in brown sauce served in a white serving dish.
Chinese chicken stir-fry recipes like this one with broccoli and chicken are a family favorite at our house.
Adding a delicious and flavorful brown sauce over the soft chicken and broccoli makes the meal much more enjoyable.
Back then, I wrote a blog post on how to make chicken tenders that can be served in Chinese restaurants. But this is a much better version of your favorite Chinese takeout dish tastes when made at home.
As a bonus, the handmade version is less fattening and more nutritious!
Plus, it’s possible to substitute the protein with broccoli beef.
Each serving of this meal has only 255 calories.
- 200 g of chicken cubes sliced into cubes
- 200 g of broccoli florets
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- ½ tablespoon of corn starch
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 dashes of ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon of corn starch
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- ½ cup of water
- ½ teaspoon of sesame oil
- Salt and cornstarch should be added to the chicken’s marinade. Cornstarch can be used to coat the chicken if it is too dry; a little water can be added to do this.
- Boil water in a large pot. Cook the broccoli for a minute and a half. Set aside for later use.
- Add the oil to a wok or skillet and bring it to a boil over high heat.
- Put the garlic in the hot oil and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the chicken for a few seconds before serving.
- Lower the heat and add the sauce. Then add the broccoli and simmer until everything is nicely combined. Serve as soon as possible.
The broccoli should not be overcooked. It should be crunchy and have a bit of a bite to it.