Honey garlic chicken is one of the best Instant Pot chicken recipes. A delicious sauce tops off a keto-friendly chicken that’s also good for you. Beginners will find this recipe for Instant Pot chicken simple.
INSTANT POT CHICKEN RECIPES
There is nothing I enjoy more than cooking with chicken.
With its juicy and tender meat, as well as a bit of fat and the perfect Instant Pot cooking texture, the chicken thigh has always been my favorite component.
With the help of Honey Garlic Sauce, I smothered the chicken thighs in the delectable sauce.
Honey, garlic, and soy sauce are a winning mix, primarily when used with chicken.
Because it pressure cooks the chicken to luscious, fall-apart tenderness, the Instant Pot is a fantastic culinary tool. Make this dish yourself by checking out the tutorial below!
CAN YOU BROWN CHICKEN IN AN INSTANT POT?
Browning chicken in an instant pot may be done quickly. Saute mode can be used to pan-fry and brown chicken meat.
The skin of the chicken thigh can be browned on both sides in the same way.
AN INSTANT POT CHICKEN COOKING GUIDE
- Ensure the Instant Pot is well oiled before browning any meat in it. Cooking oil, at a minimum, should be added to the saucepan and spread evenly across the surface.
- Saute mode is activated, and the pot is heated. Before adding the chicken, make sure the pan is hot, and the cooking oil becomes more liquid.
- If you’re using skin-on chicken, such as thighs or breasts, make sure to brown it first with the skin side down. To keep the chicken from adhering to the pot, follow these steps:
- The chicken should be browned, pan-fried, and sautéed for about three minutes on each side before being turned over. Using this method will assist keep the chicken from sticking.
CAN YOU USE AN INSTANT POT TO COOK FROZEN CHICKEN?
- Instant Pots allow you to cook frozen chicken straight from the freezer. Simply add 5-10 minutes to the cooking time on your pressure cooker.
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 388 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
With rice or pasta, this dish is ideal. I’ve compiled a collection of recipes that are both healthy and quick enough to prepare on a weeknight.
- SAUTEED ASPARAGUS
- CILANTRO LIME RICE
- BROWN BUTTER GARLIC HONEY ROASTED CARROTS
- EASY SPAGHETTI
- Ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 500 g chicken thighs (4 chicken thighs)
HONEY GARLIC SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sugar or brown sugar
- 3 dashes of cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons water or chicken broth, preferred
- Salt and pepper the chicken thighs before serving. Set aside for now.
- The Honey Garlic Sauce can be made by combining all ingredients and stirring thoroughly. Take care to dissolve the honey and sugar entirely. Set aside for now.
- Set the Instant Pot to Saute mode. Add 1 tbsp. of cooking oil to the saucepan as soon as it’s hot. Chicken thighs should be browned on all sides by pan-searing them (skin side down first).
- Sauté the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of oil with the garlic in the pot with the chicken thighs still in the Instant Pot. Cook the garlic briefly in oil. After putting the sauce, put a lid on the pan. Press Manual after setting the timer for ten minutes.
- Use Quick Release when the alarm goes off. Add chopped parsley and honey garlic sauce to Instant Pot chicken when the valve drops. Serve immediately.
- Step-by-step instructions are available in the video on this page.
- I used an Instant Pot 6-quart.
- There are 8 tablespoons of liquid in the recipe; this is the minimum amount of liquid required by the Instant Pot, 1/2 cup.
- This honey garlic chicken may be made in a slow cooker or on the stovetop if you don’t have an Instant Pot.
- Make sure you don’t overcook the chicken thighs if you’re using a slow cooker. Cook for three hours on high heat.
- Cooking the chicken thighs on the stovetop is as simple as browning them on all sides in a skillet before adding the sauce. Cook the chicken over low heat until it is tender.