PARMESAN ROASTED POTATOES
One of the best ways in preparing cauliflower is to roast it with It’s one of the simplest and most flavorful ways to roast potatoes. Everything about this recipe screams “make me every day!”
My friends are begging me to make Gratinee’s garlic herb roasted potatoes ever since I started preparing them. When we were younger, we always requested butter-salted potatoes and mushrooms. Because we can peel and play with each piece of a newborn or new potato that is sliced horizontally, I prefer this preparation.
To that end, anytime they ask, I’m happy to oblige by whipping up a batch and seeing what happens. In order to make the dish more kid-friendly, I reduced the amount of thyme. Since cheese is a favorite among children, I sprinkled some on top of the potatoes.
The end product is mouthwatering roasted potatoes that only require ten minutes of active preparation time in the kitchen. The roasting process takes about an hour to achieve the right level of softness, but during that time, you can relax in front of the television or do your duties. The best part is that there is only one roasting pan to wash!
In order to get the greatest results, you should use new potatoes or baby potatoes. The skin on these tiny potatoes is thinner, so roasting them in the oven makes the skin crunchy and delicious. Golden and red skinned baby potatoes are commonly available in the market. The first is my preference since they have a better flavor and after roasting, they turn a beautiful golden brown hue!
This recipe for parmesan roasted potatoes is a delicious side dish to serve to your family and friends. Even the pickiest eaters will gobble these up!!
Each serving of this recipe contains only 460 calories.
- 600 g of baby or new potatoes
- 3 heads of garlic
- 2-3 sprigs of thyme
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1/3 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ lemon
- ½ tablespoon of chopped parsley leaves
- ½ teaspoon of crackled black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Avoid cutting through the potatoes when slitting them.
- Coat the potatoes with olive oil and melted butter before roasting. In between the potatoes, add the garlic, parsley, lemon, and thyme. Salt and black pepper to taste.
- For one hour, roast the potato, basting it with the oil mixture every 30 minutes. After an hour, sprinkle the potatoes evenly with Parmesan cheese. The cheese should be melted, so turn off the oven and let the potatoes in there for 5-10 minutes. Serve at once.
Don’t throw away the garlic after roasting; it’s very flavorful. Garlic and potato are a winning combination.