CHIMICHURRI SALMON WITH MANGO: the most delicate chimichurri salmon recipe ever. So simple, restaurant-quality, and ideal for tonight’s meal.
I’ve wanted to make this incredible chimichurri salmon for the longest time. The recipe comes from an old Martha Stewart magazine that I’d saved for years.
I get to taste it finally, and it’s one of the best salmon recipes I’ve ever had!
Chimichurri sauce originated in South America. Cilantro, parsley, garlic, and olive oil are commonly used. There are other variants, but this mango chimichurri sauce is delicious.
The fresh, sweet, and tangy mango shine in this chimichurri salmon recipe, adding beautiful color and a fruity flavor to an already excellent dish.
Making this dish at home is quite simple. It’s incredibly adaptable, as the mango chimichurri sauce may be sprinkled over chicken or shrimp.
Take a look at the photos above; this homemade chimichurri salmon looks and tastes much like the stuff you’d get at a restaurant. Good luck with your meal!
How many calories are there per serving?
Per serving, this meal has only 472 calories.
What are some ideas for serving this recipe?
I offer the following recipes for a healthy supper and a quick midweek dinner.
- 1 peeled, pitted, and cut into small cubes of mango
- 1 bunch of finely chopped cilantro
- 1 bunch finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon flakes of red pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil plus a little extra for grilling
- lime juice (two teaspoons)
- black peppercorns, ground
- Salmon fillets, 2 pounds
HOW TO COOK CHIMICHURRI SALMON WITH MANGO
- Combine the mango, cilantro, parsley, red pepper flakes, olive oil, and lime juice in a mixing bowl: salt and black pepper to taste.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high temperature—Oil the heated grill lightly.
- Season the salmon with salt & pepper as well as a thin coating of oil.
- Skin side up until salmon becomes opaque for 4 to 6 minutes on the grill.
- Cook for 4 to 6 minutes while flipping halfway through.
- Serve on a dish with a dollop of chimichurri on top, best served with fried rice.