Chili Lime Grill Chicken. Chicken marinated in chili and lime, then grilled to golden brown perfection in just 30 minutes with this simple recipe.
The best-grilled chicken. You won’t be disappointed with this chili lime grilled chicken. Everything about it is perfect: citrusy, aromatic, and tinged with the freshness of cilantro and the earthiness of garlic.
The original recipe needs chicken breasts, but I used chicken thighs with skin and bone instead.
When I’m marinating the chicken, I don’t remove the skin or bones. Cooking the chicken this way yields crispy skin and moist, tender meat.
I adore the marinade’s spicy, cilantro, garlicky, and tangy flavors, especially the lime juice. They go perfectly with the chicken with a tiny hint of spice from the chili.
To perfectly grill the chicken for about 5-7 minutes, keep it covered on medium heat, and flip it over. Cook the meat for another 5-7 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 165°.
You may also cook it on the stovetop or in the oven at 400°F for 20-25 minutes. It all depends on whether you use a cast-iron skillet or a conventional one. Nevertheless, the final product is always stunning.
Chicken is known as a good source of protein, and it also has a low-calorie count. It is extremely helpful in weight-loss regimes. Each serving of this recipe has only 425 calories. Try it now!
- 1-1.3 kg of chicken thighs
- 4 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 2 finely chopped jalapeno
- 4 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 teaspoons of fresh lime zest
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- ½ cup of fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of salt
HOW TO COOK CHILI LIME GRILL CHICKEN
- After rinsing, pat dry the chicken thighs, removing the bones but leaving the skin on. Set aside for later.
- Use a whisk in mixing all the Marinade’s components in a large bowl. Assemble the Marinade and make sure that all ingredients are well-combined.
- Stir the chicken in the Marinade until it is well-coated. Let the mixture to sit for at least two hours before serving.
- Light the grill and coat the grates with a thin layer of oil. Grill the chicken until it’s golden brown and seared on both sides with a bit of amount of the Marinade’s garlic, cilantro, and jalapeño on top. Serve at once.