CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN: Garlic, cilantro, and lime juice marinade tender Mexican chicken. Cilantro-lime chicken can be baked, grilled, or pan-fried.
Baked chicken with a delectable marinade that’s moist and juicy is a certain way to fire your hunger.
Baked chicken with cilantro and lime is one of my all-time favorite Mexican dishes, and I’ve got the ideal recipe for you.
You can’t go wrong with this recipe because it just requires a few simple ingredients. Fresh lime juice, garlic, and chili flakes enhance the chicken’s smoky flavor.
Make a taco salad with the chicken and accompany it with foods like cilantro lime rice or tequila lime shrimp. Serve alongside some basic sautéed broccoli if desired.
After marinating the chicken for 15 minutes, proceed with the rest of the steps.
After a few minutes of pan-frying and 20 minutes of baking later, the chicken is ready. That’s all there is to it!
You may take note of the following advice to ensure that you get the greatest results:
- To get the best results, I suggest using chicken thighs. Debone chicken thighs that are purchased with the bone and skin still intact.
- Alternatively, you can use skin and boneless chicken breasts or thighs.
- If you can, use lime juice that has been freshly squeezed. The lime juice has a refreshing and zesty scent that you’ll enjoy.
- There are a lot of tastes in the cilantro stems, so use a lot of them.
- Before putting the chicken in the oven, brown it in a skillet to get the skin nice and crispy. Cilantro lime chicken is elevated to an art form with one simple step.
- To make the chicken even tastier and moist after baking, drizzle the marinade over the cooked chicken.
Each serving of this recipe contains only 404 calories.
- 1 kg of deboned chicken thigh with skin
- Lime wedges
- Chopped cilantro
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons of cilantro stems and leaves that are finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of red chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon of salt
HOW TO COOK CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN
- For about 30 minutes, bake at 375°F.
- The marinade ingredients must be whisked together in a large basin and mixed thoroughly before use. Stir Marinade into the marinated chicken until it’s evenly coated with it. 15 minutes is sufficient, but 2 hours is preferable.
- Cook the chicken with skin-side down in a hot skillet until it begins to brown. Pan-fry the other side of the chicken for a few minutes until it’s a little golden.
- Pour the remaining Marinade and spoon it on the chicken before baking. Cook the chicken in the oven for 20 minutes. Serve the chicken with the marinade residue on a serving platter, squeeze some fresh lime juice, and decorate with cilantro as soon as possible.
Before putting the chicken in the oven, ensure that the skillet or pan is oven-safe. Grilling the chicken can be an option as well. Alternatively, you can use bone-in or boneless chicken thighs for the meat.