Chipotle-inspired Cilantro Lime Rice that’s quick and delicious. Tonight’s dinner will be a simple rice dish made with water, chicken broth, cilantro, lime juice, and butter in one pan or skillet.
Chipotle’s famed cilantro lime rice, topped with tender chicken fajitas and salsa, is a crowd-pleaser.
This Chipotle copycat recipe is made at home, is quick and easy to make, and is full of healthful ingredients.
Making rice is a simple process. Cooking everything in the same pan or skillet saves time and effort in the kitchen.
Using a skillet, cook the rice in the following order: Rinse and cook the rice in water with chicken stock, salt, and butter.
Incorporate the cilantro leaves and lime juice into the rice once it’s done cooking; mix it thoroughly and serve it immediately.
The final product is mouthwatering, light, and delectable.
Cilantro adds flavor and moisture to the rice, which pairs nicely with a variety of chicken, shrimp, and fish dishes.
You can certainly make this dish if you have a rice cooker in your kitchen. But take note that adding butter and other substances to the rice in some rice cookers may malfunction. Please read the instruction properly before using the product.
Instant Pot rice can be made with cilantro lime also, and another great news is brown rice can be a substitute for white rice if desired. With its higher concentration of minerals and fiber, brown rice is better for you.
There are only 361 calories in one serving of this meal.
- 2 cups of long grain rice
- 1 ¼ cups of chicken broth
- ¼ cup of chopped cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons of melted and unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 1 cup of water
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Rinse the rice thoroughly 3-4 times till the water runs clear with cold water and drain. Rice should be transferred to the skillet, along with a cup of clean water, chicken stock (salt and butter), and the rice.
- Using medium heat, cook the rice for 15 minutes or until the water has evaporated.
- Switch off the fire and stir in the cilantro and lime juice to the cooked rice before serving.
- Stir the rice to release it, then add the cilantro and lime juice and combine well. Serve it while it’s still warm.