Tomatoes grilled on the grill are a healthful and straightforward side dish brimming with fresh tomato flavor. The simplest evening recipe is to cook them on the stovetop.
GRILLED TOMATO RECIPE
Nutrition and flavor are the main ingredients in this Grilled Tomatoes dish. I can’t stop thinking about it!
Cooking time is minimal, and only a few simple ingredients are needed.
The charred bits on the tomato skins are among my favorite aspects of these Grilled Tomatoes.
Add a grilled flavor to this dish to take it to the next level!
WHAT TO SEASON GRILLED TOMATOES WITH?
I can’t resist buying fresh, fragrant tomatoes whenever they’re available at my local farmer’s market.
It’s hard to go wrong with grilled tomatoes as a side dish, and this recipe is perfect for busy weeknights.
Toss the tomatoes in a skillet with the olive oil once it’s heated to high heat.
Using a spatula, move them about the pan after they’ve cooked for 1–2 minutes without being touched. Even if there are some char marks, this gives the food its most delicious flavor.
HOW TO SERVE GRILLED TOMATOES?
There are numerous ways to prepare and consume tomatoes, including:
- On top of chicken or fish
- By themselves as a tasty side!
- In a salad
How do I know what kind of tomatoes to use for grilling?
You can serve it as an appetizer or as a side dish. For this dish, you can use either grape or cherry tomatoes. The more vibrant the heirloom tomato’s color, the better.
It’s a great idea to serve grilled tomatoes as a side dish to any meal.
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 71 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
Serve it with a protein-rich main course to finish out the meal. I’ve compiled a collection of recipes that are both healthy and quick enough to prepare on a weeknight.
- BAKED COD
- GARLIC BUTTER PORK CHOPS
- CAJUN CHICKEN
- HONEY GARLIC SALMON
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Lemon juice
- Use cold running water to thoroughly clean the grape or cherry tomatoes. Pat dry with paper towels after draining.
- A skillet at high heat, ready to be used. Add the olive oil to the mixture and stir it in. Add the garlic to the hot olive oil and sauté for 30 seconds or golden brown. Tomatoes can be added at this point.
- Toss and stir the tomatoes with a spatula after cooking for 1-2 minutes. The surface of the grape tomatoes should be covered in char and charred markings. Cook for a few more minutes without interruption.
- Add salt, parsley, and a few squeezes of lemon juice before serving. Mix thoroughly with the grilled tomatoes in the pan. Serve right away.